Legendary automotive designer Henrik Fisker and American race car driver Ben Keating unveiled the 2016 Force 1 V10, an all-new American Super Car, during the 2016 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) on 12 January 2016. The two-seat, carbon fiber-bodied Force 1 is a high-performance, low-production sports car, manufactured in Auburn Hills, Michigan by the newly launched VLF Automotive, of which Fisker is a partner and design chief.
Fisker and Keating entered partnership discussions in early 2015 after bonding over their mutual love of cars, fondness for each other’s professional work and the possibilities that could emerge if their skill sets intersected.
Keating was a multiple National Champion in the Dodge Viper Cup before teaming up with Bill Riley and Riley Motorsports to be the only American sports car to compete in the GTD class of the Tudor United Sportscar Championship. With six wins and multiple podiums for the Viper GT3-R over the last two years, including the 2015 Rolex 24 at Daytona, Keating is one of the most successful Viper racers in history. Keating and Riley brought home the Patron North American Endurance Championship in 2015, and also took a Viper GTSR to France to compete in the iconic 24 Hours of Le Mans, earning the fastest lap of the race for the GT-Am field. In addition to racing, Keating is also the world’s largest volume Viper retailer, which gives him the opportunity to explore many opportunities to bring his racing knowledge to street car performance.
“What inspired me most about building this partnership with Ben is that he is the most passionate Viper racer in the world and understands performance metrics in cars, both on the track and on the road, better than anyone I’ve ever met,” said Fisker. “He’s developed a unique active suspension for superior handling and ride, which is seamlessly integrated into the Force 1, enhancing performance whether on track and or road,”
“To work with Henrik as one of the world’s best designers to create a super exciting, wide curvy body for this amazing car is the opportunity of a lifetime,” Keating said. “Plus, it’s the perfect vehicle to showcase many of the incredible performance features we’ve been working on for years. It really is the chance to start with an amazing initial platform to develop an incredible American super car with exceptional design and performance”
The two-seat, all carbon fiber-bodied Force 1 is a high-performance, low-production sports car. Force 1 features an all carbon fiber, lightweight body and 21-inch wheels with high-performance Pirelli P Zero tires and Brembo high-performance brakes. The car has one of the most powerful naturally aspirated road engines in the world delivering the best performance in its price class.
Force 1 embodies Henrik Fisker’s design language, which underpins all VLF Automotive cars. With Fisker’s signature balance between Proportion, Sculpture and Graphics, the exterior design of Force 1 boasts classic American sports car proportions with the long hood, short front overhang, long tail, and pushed out wheels. “In the case of Force 1, there is an extremely pushed back green house,” Fisker explained. “The sculpture on Force 1 is like a family succession to Destino, dramatic and powerful, relative flat surfaces on the high end of the body side, with lines full of tension, emerging onto a rounder lower section, where Force 1 has a large functional outlet. The sculptural hood has unique large negative surfaces, as in the family of the Destino, with 6 highly needed air intakes and outlets for the 745-HP 8.4 L V10 engine. The windscreen wraps around into the side glass, followed by an elegant, yet aggressive side-line sweeping up towards the rear deck. The graphics are uniquely sleek, with ultra thin lights in front and at the rear, UTV laser blade tail lamps, the thinnest tail lamps in the world.
The day light opening (DLO), or side window, has a completely new graphic that ends up in a sharp spear, never seen like this before.”
Force 1 incorporates down force elements such as the deep front spoiler and aggressive rear diffusor in pure visible carbon fiber. At the top of the rear glass sits a unique rear wing spoiler also housing the in car WiFi and 3rd brake light.
Both the front and rear signature Henrik Fisker wheels have a concave section design to improve strength of the wheel, requiring less mass. The 21-inch Aluminum wheels with the wide high performance Pirelli tires sits in lean sculptured pronounced wheel arches. The front features an aggressive grille housing the VLF logo in the center, and two ultra-slim lights sitting above the grille. The interior is luxurious, with hand stitched ultra-soft leather, Alcantarra, suede with several other unique features, such as a champagne holder.
Production commences April end 2016 in Auburn Hills, with deliveries in third quarter 2016. Force 1 will be produced in limited numbers with an initial production of only 50 units and available through Ben Keating’s Viper Exchange.
Besides owning a limited edition all-American, high-performance luxury sports car, Force 1 owners will have the unique opportunity to attend two racing events per year with Ben Keating as an integral part of the team, in the paddock and in the pits where all the action takes place. This is an exclusive, all-access pass into the drama and excitement of sport car racing in a way found nowhere else.
For media inquiries and interview requests with Henrik Fisker and Henrik Fisker Design, please reach out to email@example.com
Articles & Blogs
- The Detroit News Group – Trio goes full speed ahead on Force 1 in Auburn Hills – August 29, 2016
- Tech Insider – The 7 most important features of the $230,000 Force 1 supercar, as told by the designer himself – July 6, 2016
- Digital Trends – How the Force 1 went from fantasy to carbon-fiber reality in record time – April 6, 2016
- Robb Report – Henrik Fisker & Ben Keating Say the New Fisker Force 1 Is No Sissy Supercar [Q&A] – April 4, 2016
- BBC News- ‘Super-car’ unveiled at Detroit motor show – January 14, 2016
- TopGear – TG chats with the men behind the VLF Force 1 – January 14, 2016
- O.C. Register – Meet Henrik Fisker’s new $268,000 supercar – January 13, 2016
- Jalopnik – Henrik Fisker Had The Best Reasoning For Why His Car Is Full Of Booze – January 13, 2016
- Business Insider – Check out America’s latest supercar — Henrik Fisker’s VLF Force 1 – January 13, 2016
- The Detroit News – VLF Force 1 is a made-in-Michigan Monster – January 12, 2016
- Torque News – Fisker’s Force Packs 745 Dodge Viper Horsepower – January 12, 2016
- Jalopnik – The VLF Force 1 Is A 745 Horsepower Dodge Viper That Wants To Murder You – January 12, 2016
- Car & Driver – Destino’s Child: The VLF Force 1 – January 12, 2016
- Business Insider – Henrik Fisker is back and he has a new supercar to prove it – January 12, 2016
- The Detroit News – VLF Force 1 is a Made in Michigan monster – January 12, 2016
- CNET Roadshow – VLF Force 1 is a 745 HP carbon fiber monster – January 12, 2016
- The Dallas Morning News – VLF unveils ‘American supercar’ – January 12, 2016
- Edmunds.com – The Force 1 Bound for 2016 Detroit Auto Show – December 15, 2015
- Torque News – Could the Fisker Force 1 be a Dodge Viper with New Skin? – December 14, 2015
- Autoblog – The Force will be strong with Fisker in Detroit – December 12, 2015
- Left Lane News – Henrik Fisker announces Detroit-bound $300,000 sports car – December 11, 2015
- Inside Car News – Henrik Fisker Teases a $300k Sports Car For the Detroit Auto Show – December 11, 2015
- Press Telegraph – Henrik Fisker Design Teases New Supercar Ahead of Detroit – December 11, 2015
- New York Daily News – Henrik Fisker to unveil $300000 “Force 1” supercar at 2016 Detroit … – December 11, 2015
- Automotive News – Henrik Fisker readies 2 cars for Detroit auto show – December 11, 2015
- Autoweek – Henrik Fisker will debut two cars at the Detroit auto show – December 11, 2015
- CarBuzz – Henrik Fisker’s New Supercar Looks Gorgeous – December 11, 2015
- Insider Car News – Henrik Fisker Teases a $300k Sports Car For the Detroit Auto Show – December 11, 2015
- Car Advice – Henrik Fisker teases new American-made supercar – December 11, 2015
- Bold Ride – Henrik Fisker To Debut New Supercar With One of the “Highest Output Engines” – December 11, 2015
- Bandenspotter! – Henrik Fisker supercar teaser – December 11, 2015
- Motor y Racing – Henrik Fisker anuncia nuevo deportivo para Detroit 2016 – December 11, 2015
- Abomus – Henrik Fisker to show new The Force 1 supercar at Detroit show – December 11, 2015
- Motor.es – Fisker presentará el superdeportivo Force 1 en el Salón de Detroit – December 11, 2015
- Autoblog.nl – Force 1: de nieuwe supercar van Henrik Fisker – December 11, 2015
- AutoCar.co.uk – Henrik Fisker to show new The Force 1 supercar at Detroit show – December 11, 2015
- Autoevolution – Henrik Fisker Teases New Supercar Called Force 1 – December 11, 2015
- Le Blog Auto – Détroit 2016 : une nouvelle supercar signée Henrik Fisker – December 11, 2015
- AutoGuide.com – Henrik Fisker’s ‘The Force 1′ to Debut in January – December 11, 2015
- Autoweek – Henrik Fisker will debut two cars at the Detroit auto show – December 11, 2015
- Motor1 – Henrik Fisker to introduce a new supercar in Detroit – December 10, 2015
- Digital Trends – If at first you don’t succeed: Henrik Fisker announces a new concept for Detroit – December 10, 2015
- Automobile – Henrik Fisker Teases The Force 1 Supercar Ahead of Detroit Show – December 10, 2015