Auburn Hills, MI January 8, 2016 – VLF Automotive, a new, US-based luxury sports car company, officially launches today through a partnership between legendary automotive designer Henrik Fisker, former General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz and entrepreneur and manufacturer Gilbert Villarreal. Fisker is a VLF shareholder and third member of the executive management team alongside Lutz and Villarreal.
“It’s a circle,” Lutz explained. “When Gilbert and I formed VL Automotive in 2012, we wanted to take Henrik’s beautifully proportioned design, replace the hybrid gas-electric power train with a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 drivetrain, and create a bespoke four-door luxury car with outstanding performance. With Henrik on board, we are ready to present the Destino with a refined design, and a new model named Force 1 that Henrik has developed with an acclaimed race car driver, at the 2016 North American International Auto Show.”
VLF Automotive boasts a state-of-the-art development and manufacturing facility in Auburn Hills and a design and technology center in Los Angeles. With Lutz as chairman, Villarreal as CEO and Fisker as head of design and product strategy, VLF team represents more than 100 years experience at the top-tier of the the automotive industry and have been instrumental in such iconic cars as Aston Martins, BMWs, Vipers and Corvettes.
“I’m honored to become a partner in this automotive ‘Dream Team’,” said Fisker. “With the management and financial skills of Bob Lutz, the manufacturing expertise of Gilbert Villarreal and my design innovation, we’re poised to launch an extraordinary company, as we seek to change the future of the American auto industry.”
The Destino embodies everything that VLF Automotive stands for: American, tailor made, high- quality, performance and ingenuity. Designed by Henrik Fisker, and engineered and built by VLF’s experienced automotive team in Auburn Hills, MI, the Destino sets out to be the leading high-performance 4-door GT in the world. Powered by a reliable Corvette LS9 V8 engine, the Destino, with its relatively low weight, has tremendous performance characteristics. The Destino V8 retail price starts at $229,000.
VLF AUTOMOTIVE IS BORN
January 8, 2015
Articles & Blogs
- News Hour – VL Automotive rebranded VLF after the joining of Henrik Fisker – January 10, 2016
- Motor Authority – VL Automotive Rebranded VLF As Henrik Fisker Joins Ranks – January 10, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business – Designer Henrik Fisker joins Bob Lutz’s team to jump-start new luxury automaker VLF in Auburn Hills – January 9, 2016
- Bloomberg – GM Icon Bob Lutz, Henrik Fisker Announce New Company, VFL Automotive – January 8, 2016
- WorldCarFans.com – Henrik Fisker joins VLF Automotive – January 8, 2016
- Wall Street Journal – Luxury Car Company VLF Automotive Launches – January 8, 2016
- Business Insider – The Fisker Karma is making a comeback – with a Corvette engine – January 8, 2016
- PR Newswire – VLF Automotive Is Born – January 8, 2016